HTML is the foundation of all websites, allowing for the construction of basic webpages with text and images. HTML tags are the building blocks of HTML and are used to give structure and meaning to content. HTML tags are paired elements written in the form of opening and closing tags, such as <p> </p> for a paragraph. Each tag has its own function and purpose, and when used together in the correct order, they create a webpage with meaningful content.
Types of HTML Tags HTML tags can be broken down into several categories:
• Structural Tags: These tags provide the basic structure of the webpage, such as <head> </head> and <body> </body>.
• Semantic Tags: These tags provide meaning to the content, such as <strong> </strong> for emphasizing text.
• Metadata Tags: These tags provide information about the content, such as <title> </title> and <meta> </meta>.
• Media Tags: These tags are used to embed media, such as <audio> </audio> and <video> </video>.
• Forms Tags: These tags are used to create forms, such as <input> </input> and <select> </select>.
• Miscellaneous Tags: These tags perform a variety of functions, such as <script> </script> and <style> </style>.
HTML attributes are used to provide additional information about HTML tags and elements. Attributes are used to define the characteristics of an element, such as its size, color, and type. Attributes are written in the form of name-value pairs within the opening tag of an element, such as <p class="intro"> </p>.
Types of HTML Attributes HTML attributes can be broken down into several categories:
• Global Attributes: These attributes can be used with any HTML element, such as class and id.
• Event Attributes: These attributes are used to define event handlers that are triggered when a certain event occurs, such as on click or mouseover.
• Value Attributes: These attributes are used to define the value of an element, such as value and min.
• Input Type Attributes: These attributes are used to define the type of input in a form, such as type and placeholder.
• Style attributes: These attributes are used to define the style of an element, such as color and font-size.
• Link Attributes: These attributes are used to define the relationship between two elements, such as href and rel.
HTML tags and attributes are the building blocks of websites, allowing for the construction of meaningful content and the addition of style and structure. Knowing the different types of HTML tags and attributes is essential for web development and creating effective websites.