Tag Manager works by first creating a “container” for the website tags and codes. This container is then added to the website’s code so that the Tag Manager can control the tags and codes. From there, users can add, remove, and update tags and codes from the Tag Manager dashboard, and the changes are applied directly to the website code.
Using Tag Manager offers a range of benefits, including:
• Streamlined tag management – Tag Manager allows users to manage tags and codes quickly and easily, without needing to manually edit the code each time a change is needed.
• Increased website performance – Tag Manager helps to streamline the website’s code, which in turn can help improve website performance.
• Improved website analytics – Tag Manager provides a single platform for managing website tags and tracking codes, which makes it easier to track website performance and analyze user data.
• Reduced development time – With Tag Manager, users can quickly and easily make changes to the website’s tags and codes, which reduces the amount of time needed for website development and maintenance.
Tag Manager is generally considered to be a secure tool, but there are some important security considerations that need to be taken into account when using the tool. For example, Tag Manager requires users to have access to the website’s code in order to add the Tag Manager “container”, which can be a potential security risk if the access is not properly managed. Additionally, since Tag Manager provides a single platform for managing website tags and tracking codes, it’s important to ensure that only authorized users have access to the tool.
There are several steps you can take to ensure your Tag Manager account is secure, including:
• Use a secure password – Make sure to use a secure, unique password for your Tag Manager account.
• Enable two-factor authentication – Enable two-factor authentication on your Tag Manager account to add an extra layer of security.
• Limit user access – Make sure only authorized users have access to your Tag Manager account.
• Monitor user activity – Monitor user activity on your Tag Manager account to ensure that only authorized changes are being made.